DISMAL NICHE TAPES 009

This is a cassette I chose not order, but Matthew curator of Dismal Niche Tapes was kind enough to include this unselected release with my purchase. This generosity made me realize, no matter how many sound samples I listen to on the internet, my decision making process is still dubious! 

POI is Caleb McMurray. His release is titled Teenage Dolomites. I have listened to the tape over and over. Side 1 and 2 have fused into one long warble of keyboard rhythm and beat. Every revolution of the cassette spool is so strikingly solid. There is a weighty groove throughout Calib's debut. Each song is unique but not disjointed with the next. The tracks effortlessly flow together as an album should. This is a well conceived sonic offering, complimented by very cool artwork and layout. Press play on this in the car with friends, you will get the nod.

Thanks POI and thanks Dismal Niche! I am humbled because after listening to sound samples and passing on the purchase, my judgement was given a lesson in wisdom.







Links
Straight to POI - Teenage Dolomites on Dismal Niche Tapes
Dismal Niche Tapes Facebook Page
Caleb the Artist